Effective January 19, 2024
Our personal information processing activities are governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679).
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M)
Av. de la Universidad, 30
Personal Information We Collect
With respect to the personal information that you provide, we collect the following personal information when you create an account in BacteriaID and use our Service:
- Account information: We collect information associated with your account. This includes name, email address, affiliation and country.
By visiting, using or interacting with our Service, we may automatically collect the following technical information:
- Logs: Actions taken on the Service, as well as the date and times of the event, your timezone, IP address, and user agent of your device.
- Device information: Operating system and browser you are using to interact with our Service.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the collected personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service.
- To communicate with you regarding your account and our Service.
- To prevent fraud, criminal behavior, or misuse of our Service, and to ensure the security of our infrastructure.
- To analyze and improve the performance and functionality of our Service.
- To comply with legal obligations and for the safeguarding of our rights, privacy, safety, or property.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with third parties except when compelled by legal obligations. In instances where sharing becomes imperative, we may disclose your personal information to government authorities, industry peers, or other third parties to comply with the law, safeguard our rights, prevent fraud, or ensure the safety and integrity of our products and users.
BacteriaID utilizes functional cookies to enhance user experience and ensure the proper functioning of our service. These cookies do not track your browsing activity beyond the BacteriaID platform, and we do not use any third-party tracking cookies.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have certain rights regarding your personal information. These rights may vary based on your location and local data protection laws. Nevertheless, typical rights may include:
- Confirmation: Ask us to confirm whether we are processing personal information of your concern.
- Access: Request information about your personal information and how we process it.
- Rectification: Correct or complete inaccurate personal information.
- Erasure: Request deletion of your personal information.
- Restriction: Limit processing under specific circumstances.
- Portability: Receive your data in a machine-readable format.
- Withdraw your consent: When we depend on it as the legal basis for processing.
In addition to the above rights, you also have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection authority within the European Union.
For any inquiries or to exercise these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond in compliance with data protection laws, considering any legal obligations or exceptions.
Our Service is not directed towards children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us and, if appropriate, we will delete such information from our systems.
Security and Retention
We employ industry-standard security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Our infrastructure is designed with access controls and regular security audits to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your data.